By: Emily Horne
Pinterest, a virtual bulletin board, seems to be the new “it” Web site and social media outlet that many people are talking about. While it has not entirely reached the business and organization audience, Kent’s College of Communication and Information (CCI) is now on Pinterest. Like some other universities, CCI has been researching the best ways to utilize Pinterest. There seem to be mixed opinions on whether universities need to be on Pinterest yet or not but why shouldn’t Kent’s College of Communication and Information be one of the first?
What other universities are doing:
- Showcasing its Personality
- The Student Experience
- Study Abroad Destinations
- Dorm Room Decorations
- Artwork Created by Students
- Achievements from Alumni
What can students gain from CCI’s Pinterest profile?
- CCI Student, Alum and Faculty Successes: Many people with connections to CCI go on to do great things during or after their time with the college. On this board, followers can see what these people are doing.
- School of _________: There is a board for each of CCI’s four schools that showcase information about the school and stories that relate. Pay attention to these boards if you are a prospective student, a current student, or a former student!
- Facilities: This board showcases the great facilities each of CCI’s programs are housed in. From the recently renovated facilities in Franklin Hall to the Resource Room in the Art building, CCI’s programs offer their students the best.
- Study Away: CCI offers a variety of study away programs. Here, we are pinning information about various programs.
- Why CCI Kent Blog: Here we are reposting blogs posted here on our Why CCI Kent blog to reach more students.
- For Future Students: Students interested in CCI, whether current college students in other majors or current high school students, can look to this board for basic information.
Send us your work:
We would love to begin showcasing student work (artwork, photography, research, Web site design, etc.) on Pinterest. If you are interested in seeing your work on our page, please send an E-mail to email@example.com with your work, a caption, and a link (if applicable) to attach to the pin.
Follow CCI Kent State:
Follow us on Pinterest to keep up on the latest information. http://pinterest.com/ccikentstate/ Also, please help us to promote our Pinterest account. Share it on Facebook, Twitter and repin our pins that interest you!