Is there one professor who has served as a mentor during your time in CCI? Do you know a scholar who exhibits professional or creative activities in a professional or academic discipline? Has your advisor gone above and beyond to help you fit in all your necessary credits before graduation? Is there that one person who you believe provides outstanding service to CCI or a school within the college? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then now is your chance to give back by nominating this outstanding faculty or staff member.
“I nominated a CCI professor to acknowledge her passion for teaching and show my appreciation of her,” said Erica Batyko, junior public relations major. “The professor goes above and beyond her duties to make sure her students succeed. I can think of no greater way to thank her than to nominate her so she can be recognized for her hard work by the College of Communication and Information. For all she’s done for me, it’s the least I can do for her.”
The College of Communication and Information is currently taking nominations for its third annual CCI Faculty and Staff Awards program. Five awards will be bestowed to honorees at the All Schools Retreat in August:
- Distinguished Teaching Award: Nominate professors who are full-time tenured faculty members with seven or more years of teaching experience in CCI.
- Outstanding Teacher Award: Nominate a professor who is a non-tenure track or part-time faculty member with a minimum of five consecutive years teaching in CCI.
- Distinguished Service Award: Nominations for this award should provide superior service to the school(s) and/or college.
- Distinguished Advisor Award: Nominate an advisor who goes ‘above and beyond’ in his/her helpful and positive attitude regarding the guidance of students.
- Distinguished Scholar Award: Only Kent State tenure or tenure-track faculty members can make nominations.
Nomination forms can be turned in in the College office, Rm. 131 Moulton Hall, by 5 p.m. on July 12 and may be sent through campus mail or emailed to the College email address. Online forms and more information about each award can be found online. All nominations will be held in the strictest confidence.
A nomination for your favorite teacher, advisor, or scholar is a great way to say thank you to that certain faculty or staff member for all of his or her hard work during your college career.
“I suggest other students nominate CCI faculty and staff to show their gratitude to the amazing faculty and staff members who go above and beyond to see their students succeed,” said Batyko. “It’s a great opportunity to have your voice heard in CCI.”
To nominate a CCI faculty and/or staff member today, visit http://www.kent.edu/cci/faculty/awards.cfm.