Recent college graduates entering the job market can face a variety of challenges, especially with a recovering economy.
Graduates can use any edge they can get when tackling today’s job market. And the World Wide Web has quite a few good places to pick up some useful job-hunt tips.
Here is a sampling:
• Breaks down the job search into a planning timeline that begins six months before graduation. Site: www.campusexplorer.com/college-advice-tips/2D86AD0F/Job-Search-Tips-and-Job-Timeline-for-New-Grads/
• Provides articles on a variety of job search subjects for new graduates. Site: www.fastweb.com/career-planning/articles/list
• Spotlights nine steps in developing a strategy for a first-job hunt. Site: www.job-hunt.org/onlinejobsearchguide/article_first_job_after_college.shtml
• Offers job search advice for recent graduates. Site: www.quintcareers.com/job-search_advice.html
• Lays out job search strategies for employment after college, including tips on succeeding in that first job. Site: www.scholarships.com/resources/after-college/employment-after-college/
— By Chuck Myers, McClatchy-Tribune News Service