by Amanda Azzarelli
1. You experienced a new level of stress when you were asked to draw a perfect rectangle freshman year.
And that stress never went away.
2. Seeing a nice typeface makes you feel more excited than it should.
Check out the serif on that one!
3. You spend more money at All Media and FedEx than you do on food.
“Starving artist” is an understatement.
4. Your hands are constantly stained from Sumi Ink.
And it isn’t coming off no matter how many times you wash them.
5. All-nighters have become a lifestyle.
Sleep is for the weak!
6. The bag you carry around campus is almost as large as you and twice your body weight.
Hopefully your degree will lead to a career that can pay the medical bills for your back issues.
7. Your Exacto knife is your best friend, until it becomes your worst enemy.
They say the ones we love hurt us the most…
8. Critiques make you question not only your project, but also your life choices.
But at the same time, you thrive off of critiques and can never get enough of them.
9. You’ve come to terms with the fact that nobody will ever understand what VCD stands for.
Yeah, sure, it’s “graphic design.”
10. In the end, you have some pretty awesome projects to show for all of your hard work, and that makes it all worth it!
As long as you don’t sustain too many Exacto knife injuries.
Contributions by VCD students Maria Cardillo, Gina Leone, and Alli Petit
Gifs courtesy of giphy.com and imagur.com